I have a nice opportunity, thanks to my publisher, to create a second edition of my 2011 book The New Digital Storytelling. Praeger wants the new version to reflect what has changed in the digital storytelling world over the past five years.*
What should I address, o readers? What developments are most worthy of words?
In the first edition I covered: the history of digital storytelling, i.e. the rise of the Center for Digital Storytelling; social media; mobile devices; gaming; digital storytelling for education; practical aspects of making a digital story. (If you want more info, check the publisher’s site.)
So far I plan to add these features:
- Storytelling for presentation
- New tools, like Pinterest, Google Docs, infographics, and emoji
- More on YouTube, since that took over the world
- More on QR codes
- Book as app
- The rise of self-publishing through Amazon Kindle
- Recent examples, including games, social media projects, video, podcasting, etc.
What else would you like to see? Have you seen, or made, examples I should use?
*Technically that will appear as six years, since the book will actually appears in early 2017.