I frequently travel to speak to conferences, campuses, and events. For example: National Endowment for the Humanities, Sloan Consortium, University of Michigan, Consortium of Liberal Arts Colleges (CLAC), Maricopa Community Colleges, Northern Voice, Penn State.
To book me as a speaker, contact me.
Selected speaking engagements:
- “OCLC Symposium: The Hope and Hype of MOOCs“, ALA Midwinter in Philadelphia, PA January 24, 2014:
- “The Visible College: Four Futures for Higher Education“, University of Mary Washington, March 15, 2012.
- “Futures of Higher Education: Three Scenarios.” Address to Trinity University for curricular review process, answering question “How can liberal arts education prepare students to address the challenges of 2022?”. Sept 8, 2011. Video stream.
- “Imagining the Future of Education: Scenarios for Learning After Technology“
- Keynote to Sloan-C Emerging Technologies for Online Learning conference, San Jose, July 11, 2011.
- “Five Ways of Looking at the Liberal Arts Campus in 2015” . Keynote for Consortium for Liberal Arts Colleges. June 16, 2010, Dickinson College. Materials.
- “The Futures of Academia”. Presentation to World Future 2010, July 10, Boston.
- “Social Media is Killing the LMS Star”, presentation for the 2009 OpenEd conference. (archived)
(photo by Andrew Connell, Dickinson College)